By Linda Wagner-Martin
- The historical past of yankee Literature from 1950 to the current offers a entire research of the big variety of literary works that extends into the twenty first century
- Covers drama, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, technological know-how fiction, and detective novels
- Features dialogue of yank works in the context of such 21st-century matters as globalization, medication, gender, schooling, and different topics
Read or Download A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Georgie Hyde Lees, who married W. B. Yeats within the autumn of 1917, has for a few years occupied a secondary or maybe marginal place in such a lot reviews of her well-known husband. She has been depicted as a bad selection for romantic accomplice, political comrade, or literary collaborator. whereas usually thanked in acknowledgments pages and thought of as a minor editor or secretary, she frequently gets simply footnote prestige in literary analyses.
At the present time, copyright is all over, surrounded through a thicket of no trespassing indicators that mark artistic paintings as deepest estate. Caren Irr’s crimson Pirates asks how modern novelists—represented by means of Ursula Le Guin, Andrea Barrett, Kathy Acker, and Leslie Marmon Silko—have learn these indicators, arguing that for feminist writers specifically copyright usually inspires the chronic exclusion of ladies from possession.
First released in 1966. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
For nearly 3 many years, Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak has been ignoring the standardized "rules" of the academy and trespassing throughout disciplinary obstacles. at the present time she is still one of many most efficient figures within the examine of global literature and its cultural effects. during this new booklet she pronounces the loss of life of comparative literature as we all know it and sounds an pressing demand a "new comparative literature," within which the self-discipline is given new existence -- person who isn't really appropriated and made up our minds by means of the marketplace.
- Exploring the Limits of the Human through Science Fiction (American Literature Readings in the 21st Century)
- Masters of the “Humdrum” Mystery: Cecil John Charles Street, Freeman Wills Crofts, Alfred Walter Stewart and the British Detective Novel, 1920–1961
- Three Authors of Alienation: Bombal, Onetti, Carpentier
- The Reading Lesson: The Threat of Mass Literacy in Nineteenth-Century British Fiction
- The Cambridge Introduction to W.B. Yeats (Cambridge Introductions to Literature)
Extra info for A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature)
A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature) by Linda Wagner-Martin